Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lee Min Ho wants to ‘stand proud’

In an interview with a local media outlet, actor Lee Min-ho said he wants to be a person who can be proud in any situation.

“I think that I have to be responsible for the love and attention the public gives me,” he said in the interview.

“A person cannot look into the future, but I want to become a man, and an actor who can stand proud in any situation.”


Speaking about his choice of the movie “Gangnam 1970” for a return to the big screen, Lee said that he wanted a project with a message.

“Rather than showing some of my aspects, I wanted a project that had a meaning, a message,” he said.

In the movie, Lee plays Kim Jong-dae, a young man who chooses the life of crime in order to overcome poverty at a time Seoul’s now-affluent Gangnam region was undergoing rapid development.

In following the lives of Kim Jong-dae and Baek Yong-ki, another gangster played by Kim Rae-won, the movie sheds light on the dark side of Korea’s rapid economic development.

“(Before the drama “Boys over Flowers”) I had difficult times. I have had my dark times, and moments that I wanted to break free from,” he said in the interview.

“Such experiences helped me understand Jong-dae’s feelings without much difficulty.”

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

source: KPopHerald

No comments:

Post a Comment