Friday, January 23, 2015

Lee Jong Suk Says Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin Are Not His Rivals and Confesses He Had a Slump


During an interview, Lee Jong Suk shared what changed from acting in “Pinocchio” and his thoughts on actors such as Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin.

Before acting the character Ki Ha Myung in “Pinocchio,” Lee Jong Suk confessed that he rarely read news other than the celebrity section. After the drama, however, he started reading more of the local news and became interested in societal problems.

Lee Jong Suk also shared that instead of doing what he wants to do, he chose to do what he is good at. “Although I wanted to be in masculine movies, I know I fit more into romantic-comedy type of shows, which is why I decided to stick with what I do best rather than what I want to do. I have a pretty face since I’m young, but don’t think I’ll be handsome as I grow older,” said Lee Jong Suk.

Moreover, Lee Jong Suk shared that he started watching the acting of other male actors in their 20’s. He said, “It’s fascinating that, although we lived around the same amount of years, all of our acting is different. Because the way we express ourselves is different, it’s fun to watch others act.” He then added, “It’s possible to think of them as rivals, but instead I recognize each of them as a person. Everyone has different things, and different ways of using [what they have].”

He then talked about the two actors, Kim Woo Bin and Lee Min Ho, who are often thought of as his rivals. “There is a contrast between me and Woo Bin since he has a masculine stature, whereas I am thin. I also saw Lee Min Ho’s movie poster and he seemed very manly. I want to do something that has that manly feel, but I know my appearance wouldn’t allow that,” he said honestly.Lee Jong Suk also confessed that he had a slump after filming “Doctor Stranger,” and said, “There was a time when I was home, I felt like a useless human being. I know I should take breaks [after dramas and movies], but I still didn’t feel like I was being a useful person. So it was a good choice to jump right in to ‘Pinocchio’ during a time like that.”

When asked what kind of actor he wants to be remembered as, he answered, “I want to become like Park Hae Il sunbae. I want to have both the good and evil in me. That’s why I told the director of ‘Pinocchio’ that I may be good at acting as Ki Jae Myung.”

Meanwhile, drama “Pinocchio” recently aired its last episode, and has been praised for its unique story-line and quality of the drama.

source: soompi

No comments:

Post a Comment