Sunday, January 18, 2015

Behind Lee Min Ho’s glory lies loneliness


Behind Lee Min-ho’s glory lies loneliness

Hallyu star Lee Min-ho has confessed that there were moments during his acting career that he felt lonely.

Lee told Asia Economy Daily, a Korean media outlet, that he had felt lonely when away from his fans.

“I love to love and be loved by others. I assume that’s the major reason I haven’t been severely depressed until now,” Lee said.

“I feel thankful that there are fans who always cheer me up, but the other day, when I was home by myself, I was suddenly overcome with feelings of loneliness.”

The 27-year old heartthrob went on to say, “A lot of celebrities help those in need and devote themselves to volunteering, and I was wondering what drives them to those good deeds. “I now realize that the feeling of emptiness leads them to volunteering and to make donations. As they are loved by many, they should devote their love to others in order to balance things. That’s the way to fill their void.”

He also said that that the reason he established the donation platform PMZ is related to his loneliness.

“I vaguely thought it would be great if there is a donation platform where I can do some community service through it. I decided to found PMZ when I began to feel lonely.”

Lee also said regarding his upcoming film “Gangnam 1970” that he sometimes fears box office failure, but he added that he was not too worried, since he believes that the film is not only well made but also contains an in-depth portrayal and important message to viewers.

Directed by Yoo Ha, “Gangnam 1970,” starring Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won and Kim Ji-su, focuses on the story of the real estate development boom of the southern Seoul district in the 1970s.

“Gangnam 1970” hits local theaters on Wednesday.

By Hong Hye-jin (honghyejin@heraldcorp.com)

source: KPopHerald

No comments:

Post a Comment