Friday, December 12, 2014

Press Release for Film ‘Gangnam 1970 - Lee Min Ho Played Badminton Every Morning?

Press release for film <Gangnam 1970> was held at CGV Theater in Apgujeongdong, Gangnam District, Seoul on December 12. Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won, Jung Jin-young and director Yu Ha participated.

Film <Gangnam 1970>, directed by Yu Ha, is a story of desire, loyalty, and betrayal unfold in the background of Gangnam in early 70s. It also portrays friendship of Lee Min-ho(Kim Jong-dae) and Kim Rae-won(Lee Yong-gi). Lee Min-ho appears as Kim Jong-dae who does everything for better future.


Lee Min-ho said, “I am Gangnam –like actor because I have appeared as a rich guy in many dramas. So, I thought it would be fresh to play in film that tells a story of Gangnam in 1970s.”“Entering my late 20s, I wanted to appear in a film that gives the lesson. I could be done well with director’s help. I really appreciate him,” he added.

Lee Min-ho looks old fashioned in the film unlike his stunning looks in his previous dramas. He said, “There were reruns of drama <The Heirs> being aired. I look much younger in the drama even though it’s only been a year. Friends of mine also said I look much older now. But, I am getting back to my age again.”


Lee Min-ho also stated about badminton. He said, “I don’t know why, but my face easily gets bloated. During filming, director said to me, ‘What did you eat last night? Why does your face look so bloated?’ I actually had eaten hot noodle before going to bed. So, I had to play badminton to reduce swelling.”

Then, director Yu Ha said, “I wanted him to look more handsome. He reminds me of Alain Delon, popular movie star in 1970s. Alain Delon had never looked bloated. That’s why I made Lee Min-ho play badminton,” causing a round of laughter.

Film <Gangnam 1970> opens on January 21 next year.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, Translated by Park Kayla

source: GetItK

No comments:

Post a Comment